Prolong Your Pet's Life
Riverside Veterinary Clinic provides a full range of preventive care services to help your pet live a longer, happier life and to increase the odds of detecting problems early, before they become severe and costly.
Our veterinarians make their annual preventive care recommendations based on the guidelines established by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). We then customize our recommendations based on your dog's hereditary factors, age, medical history and lifestyle.
Annual preventive care typically includes:
- At least one annual Physical Examination at which time our veterinarians will take a complete medical history, make nutrition recommendations, assess behavior, and review any known medical conditions.
- During the exam our doctors will perform a:
- Ear and Eye Examination
- Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) analysis
- Temperature Reading
- Abdominal Palpation
- Dental Exam
- Dermatological Exam
- Musculoskeletal Evaluation
- Vaccination vaccines include:
- Cat: Rabies, Feline Panleukopenia, Feline Herpesvirus Infection and Feline Calcivirus Infection.
- Dog: Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Canine Parvovirus Infection, Canine Adenovirus Infection and Leptospirosis.
- Parasite Control Products to control parasites such as intestinal parasites (such as round worms), fleas and ticks. Controlling these parasites helps protect your pet and your family members from easily transmitted parasites.
- Diagnostic Testing to check for Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) and/or Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) in cats and Canine Distemper Virus (CDV) and/or Canine Parvovirus (CPV) in dogs. That is also to confirm the absence of internal parasites and early disease screening tests to help identify any internal issues which cannot be detected during a thorough physical exam.